Friday, May 11, 2012

Finding Fashion Feng Shui


Ten outfits down over 65 Quadrillion to go! If Knowledge is Power, then this power gives you the super star ability to never wear the same thing twice! I know that's just ludacris, I love my favourite jeans and t combo that's a staple and will be repeated notoriously. But for all those other days when you feel you should be your shiny fabulous self, which should be most of the time, bust out one of your  flowing, fashionable outfits and you'll feel on top of the world. Try walking around in one of your new-found coordinated outfits and I guarantee you will feel more confident when everything flows together to help reflect who you are, it's only natural to feel beautiful from the inside out. 

There is just something that I love about cohesiveness nooo not GLUE, the flow of how little elements working together to create an overall big impact. Kinda like Feng Shui, your "get-ups" should harmonize. In order to harmonize you need balance, balance can be found by 'Clearing out the Clutter', a basic principal in   Feng Shui. Too much of anything blocks the natural flow of energy. 

      Soooooo in fashion terms it's really just a matter of less is more.  In my continuing quest for unending fresh fashion I have come across a dilemma that I am sure I am not alone in, I do not want too look like everyone else my desire is to be able to stand out and show my quirky wild-side, but somehow still feel sleek, sophisticated and elegant.  






    If you're like me you have a favourite pair of super cool, super fun earrings, but because they are sooooooOOOoOoOO special they maybe don't match everything or they are such a huge statement piece its hard to pair it with other accessories and clothing that won't be over the top. BUT you love those over the top earrings that you have! They reflect who you are and they certainly can allow your personality shine if matched up with just the right things. For example I own these stunning orchid earrings, they are made of REAL orchids they are by far the most delicate piece of jewelry I have ever owned in my entire life. My darling husband picked out these beauties all by himself while he was in New York quite a few years back. To tell you the truth it's another one of those items that I looOOOoove sooooo much that I'm afraid to wear them! WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING THEM IF I'M NOT GONNA LOVE THEM LIKE THEY DESERVE???



    The saddest part is that I can count the number of times I've worn them on one hand... Sad... terribly sad... Why have I been hiding them away all these years????? Due to their sheer magnificence I have honestly been scared to wear them, they are beautiful, loud statements hanging from my ears and my clothing that day needs to coordinate or I might just look like the tree hugging, crazy, flower lady that I am.... Sooo here we go, in an attempt to showcase my brilliant jewelry I have tastefully and carefully selected clothing that would accent, and compliment my nearly unbelievable orchid earrings. Finding Fashion Feng Shui  with your wildest pieces allows you to highlight your personality, while keeping your look modern and sophisticated. Tip: Pull one colour from your unique piece of jewelry and use neutrals to frame and accessorize the louder pieces you chose. The look ends up being more dramatic and has a bigger impact than if you had hot pink wild jewelry and clothes everywhere. Remember to choose one piece of 'crazy' jewelry and let it be the focal point of your outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment