Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Morning Manicure

    For the past year or so I've been obsessed with having one finger nail painted a different colour that contrasts or coordinates, the odd one out is usually my pinky or ring finger. I love with this manicure and I'm sure it will look good as almost any color combo.
     I was at my friend's the other day and we showed her mom that we both had our nails painted with one finger a different colour, her mom looked at us like we were crazy. We both giggled and we knew that the trend was clearly awesome and   the fact that she didn't think it was cool made it cooler. 

        In order to create this look I started with two coats of the  colours that I chose to be the base. I waited until the next day to paint the tips because I just don't have the patience to wait for 5 coats to dry.  So the day after I painted my nails with the base colours, I taped off my tips diagonally with some scotch tape, and painted on two coats of black. I then carefully removed the tape  with an up and backwards motion while the nail polish was still quite wet.  After the 2 layers of black dried I applied a layer of top coat to  add shine and to help protect my manicure! I love this look I think this manicure has attitude and personality. It's fun bold colours and it's funky design is full of edginess and energy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment